Reviewing historical trends
Click the dropdown and choose the org you want to access
To go to the ‘metrics’ page, click on the main menu icon in the upper left corner of the site and select ‘Metrics’
Note: Only certain auth levels have access to the ‘Metrics’ page. If you do not see ‘Metrics’ on the main menu contact your site administrator
Push the ‘HISTORICAL TRENDS’ button
Set up the date axis for your historical trend chart.
First select the date range. You can either choose relative dates (this week, this month, this year, etc.) or a custom from/to date range
Second select the time zone. This will default to your org’s time zone (managed in org settings), however there may be certain situations where you want to change it
Third select the ‘bucket level’ aggregation. Option is ‘Day’, ‘Week’, or ‘Month’. As you aggregate across larger time spans you will filter out more and more variation in the signal and see more averaging.
Next add as many metrics as you want to the chart by pushing the ‘+’ button to add a new series.
For each series you add, you need to configure several options:
Metric – This is the metric that you want to chart. Options are:
- QTY: This is the quantity of ‘pass’ units produced. If metric is at the line level, it is the quantity of ‘pass’ units from the last station in the line
- Yield: This is a comparison of the ‘pass’ units to ‘fail’ units. If metric is at the line level, this comparison is done at each station and the station yields are multiplied together
- Avg time: This is the average process time per unit, regardless of ‘pass’ or ‘fail. If at the line level, this is an average across all stations
- %Uptime: This is a comparison of the sum of all process time to the ‘production hours per day’ (set in the organization settings). If metric is at the line level, the ‘production hours per day’ is multiplied by the number of stations
- Avg failure time: This is the average process time per unit for units that were marked as ‘fail’. If at the line level, this is an average across all stations
- %Status time: This metric cannot be combined with any other metric in the chart. When graphed, it shows an area chart of how much time is spent in red, yellow, and green status. If metric is at the line level, a line is considered ‘red’ status if any station is ‘red’, else ‘yellow’ status if any station is ‘yellow’, else green.
Line – This is the production line that you want to display on the trendline
Station – This is optional, and is the station that you want to display on the trendline. If you do not select a specific station in this dropdown the metric will be aggregated at the line level
y-axis orientation – This is the axis that you would like the metric’s scale to appear. Generally it is best to group time metrics (Avg time, Avg failure time) and percent metrics (Yield, %Uptime) on their own axis
Finally, push the ‘UPDATE GRAPH’ button to generate the views. Repeat above steps as needed